The District of Columbia's Commission on Re-Entry and Returning Citizen Affairs was created by the Mayor of the District of Columbia to serve as an advisory board to the Mayor, the Council, and the Director on the process, issues, and consequences of the reintegration of returning citizens into the general population. The Commission consists of at least 15 public voting members appointed by the Mayor, all of whom are residents of the District of Columbia. The members are representative of the returning citizens community.
The DC Commission on Re-Entry and Returning Citizen Affairs shall:
- Serve as an advocate for returning citizens;
- Review and submit to the Mayor, the Council, and the Office an annual report;
- Develop sustainable relationships and coordinate with federal, state and private agencies working with returning citizens;
- Participate in public hearings and promote community dialogue concerning the issues confronting returning citizens; and
- Meet with the Director in planning and coordinating policies and programs to assist in the successful reintegration of returning citizens into the general population.
MEETING NOTICE: The Mayor’s Commission on Re-Entry and Returning Citizen Affairs will be held the first Thursday of every month at 2100 Martin Luther King Ave, SE (3rd Floor Conference Room) Washington, DC 20020 at 6pm.
*****Please note that Commission will meet Feb 8, 2018. The meeting will take place at the usual time 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm*****